POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Try this : Re: WARNING! STOOPID UNINSTALLER! (was - Re: Try this) Server Time
12 Aug 2024 17:20:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: WARNING! STOOPID UNINSTALLER! (was - Re: Try this)
From: Rudy Velthuis
Date: 28 Feb 1999 12:58:51
Message: <36d983db.0@news.povray.org>
povray.org admin team schrieb in Nachricht
<36da3e80.37375343@news.povray.org>...
>"Rudy Velthuis" <rve### [at] gmxnet> wrote:
>
>>I've never seen an uninstaller before, which also
>>uninstalls things it never installed. I was really mad!
>
>I've never seen it do this. It is only (supposed) to uninstall the things
it
>installed. Are you sure about this ? I've uninstalled POVWIN many, many
times,
>and it's always left detrius behind.

I am very sure. I also had a hard time believing it, but the entire
directory, including the subdirectories I made, was gone. This must be a
"glitch" in the Wise installer/uninstaller.

Normally, uninstallers then say: couldn't delete directory "blabla", and
leave it as it is. Unwise didn't do that here.